Vision on Africa’s Project for 2004 -2009
Save the children of Africa
(Project in Progress)
Project title: HIV/AIDS Mother to Child Transmission Prevention Program
Project location: Yeka Sub-City, ex Woreda 28 (locally known as “Kotebe”)
Project duration: 5 years
- 100 People Living With HIV/AIDS (PLWHA)
- 40 Home Based Care (HBC) promoters
- Pregnant women living with HIV/AIDS
Project Implementer: Vision on Africa (VoA)
Operational Area: Yeka Sub City,
General Objective: Decrease the incidence & prevalence rate by 50% of HIV/AIDS Transmission from Mothers to Child in Yeka sub city by the year 2009.
Direct Beneficiaries: - 100 pregnant women living with HIV/AIDS
Indirect Beneficiaries: - 100 families of the direct beneficiaries, approximately 5 X 100 = 500 people annually.
Our Strategies are to:
- Train various community groups and design peer group education programs for high-risk community groups which will also include follow up and retraining.
- Conduct a series of sensitization workshops for key community groups and partners.
- Produce educational materials to be used for the general population and for specific target groups and intervention areas.
- Provision financial support and organizing and supporting other care and support interventions for those infected and affected.
- Apply a multi-sector approach on HIV/AIDS interventions through collaboration with various international and national stakeholders and partners.
- Support and conduct research and the means for improving information availability and accessibility.